𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐭📝 𝓟𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓽🎨 .🅽🅴🆃 - Draw and Paint Text on the Canvas
Draw text with ASCII and unicode characters with your mouse on the canvas. Use it like the classic Paint program, but instead of pixels and colors add characters to the canvas.
Find the available painting options in the left sidebar and the canvas on the right.
- Pencil / Draw – Select the brush size from 1x1px to 4x4 and pick a character to draw with on the canvas. The delete/erase option simply fills the cells with Space (empty) characters. Picking the "Input" option can be edited as an input field. Picking a character in the palette is the quickest way of changing the active character with a single click. Search characters by name to add them to the palette.
- Paint bucket / Fill area – Pick a character just like for the previous Pencil option and click an isolated area on the canvas to fill it with the selected letter or symbol.
- Type text – Click a field on the canvas and start typing with your keyboard. Use the arrow buttons to change the cursor position.
- Select / Highlight – Select a rectangle area on the paintboard to highlight it. A text area will show the current selection in real time. When the selection is done hit the Delete, Crop or Copy options. Type a multilne text in the input to add it to a selected position on the canvas with the Insert option.
- Character picker – Pick a field on the canvas and the program will set the selected character in the palette.
- Find and replace – Substitutes every occurence of a string with another one.
- Draw line – Draw a continious double or single line with your mouse. Make sure you move your mouse slowly to avoid ruptures.
- Image converter – Convert your images to ASCII art with this option. It works best for high contrast pictures. Set the dimensions of the image and the used characters (grey ramp: from dark to light)
- Merge two text files – Set the two input fields below the canvas, shift them to place them on top of each other. Set the transparent character(s) for the top layer (Space by default).